July 20, 2016. Information Provided by: divorcenet.com
If you’re in the midst of a child custody battle, you may be dealing with a custody evaluation as part of the court process. As you proceed through the evaluation, there are some important dos and don’ts to remember:
- Acknowledge both your strengths and your weaknesses as a parent.
- Be truthful in answering questions about your history and current situation.
- Keep your focus on your children’s well-being and what’s best for them.
- Follow up promptly and thoroughly if you’re asked to provide paperwork or information.
- Say negative things about your spouse.
- Coach your kids about what to say or do.
- Be late or miss appointments with the evaluator.
- Disobey custody orders that are in place while the evaluation is pending.